To get an MTA certification you must register with Microsoft Learning and purchase an exam voucher from their website or through a partner such as Prometric or VUE. Once you have passed the exam you will receive an email with your certificate and digital badge that can be used to demonstrate your achievement on social media sites like LinkedIn. It is an industry-recognized credential that demonstrates competency in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting. CompTIA A+ is recognized worldwide as a reliable indicator of foundation-level IT skills and knowledge. Certifications are important for a help desk manager in the job market because they demonstrate to employers that the individual has the knowledge and skills necessary to perform their job effectively.
- It typically takes three months or more to complete the CTSP certification program.
- Applicants must also have at least five years of experience in two or more of the eight domains covered by the exam in order to qualify for the certification.
- They can get a robust IT foundational knowledge in a way that’s easy-to-understand.
- Participating in our Continuing Education program will enable you to stay current with new and evolving technologies and remain a sought-after IT expert.
- Your job at the help desk is to find the solution the customer is looking for, and for that, you need to be a critical thinker.
- The article reviews some of the top certifications for Help Desks and explains how they can contribute to a help desk’s career, helping them become more successful.
HDI Desktop Support Technician (HDI-DST) is a certification offered by the Help Desk Institute (HDI). It is designed to recognize individuals who have achieved a level of excellence in desktop support. The HDI-DST certification is an industry-recognized credential that validates the knowledge and skills of desktop support technicians. As one of the more affordable options on this list at only $49 per month, Google offers an IT Support course teaching the fundamentals of customer support to those who might not have a background in customer service. This online course is great for those just starting their careers and learning how to properly troubleshoot more complex technical issues. The training includes interactive labs and reviewable assessments that help users understand universal troubleshooting steps.
Top help-desk certifications for IT professionals
Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) is an Apple certification program designed to help IT professionals develop the skills and knowledge necessary to provide technical support for Apple products. The ACSP certification is a professional-level certification that demonstrates a person’s ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues with Mac computers, iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs, and other Apple devices. First, they demonstrate to employers that an individual has the knowledge and skills necessary to perform successfully in the role.
Help desk specialist certification is a type of professional certification that demonstrates a specialized knowledge and proficiency in providing technical support services. This certification is typically obtained by completing an accredited program or passing an exam. HDI Customer Service Representative (HDI-CSR) is a certification program designed to recognize individuals who demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of customer service principles and best practices. The program is administered by the Help Desk Institute (HDI), an international organization that provides training and resources for customer service professionals. CompTIA A+ is an industry-recognized certification for computer technicians and support specialists. It is designed to validate the skills necessary to perform tasks such as installation, configuration, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and basic networking.
Why people choose Coursera for their career
Helpdesk certification is a type of professional certification that can help individuals demonstrate their knowledge and expertise in the field of helpdesk support. Helpdesk technicians provide technical assistance to customers, usually over the phone or through online chat. This type of certification is designed to recognize the skills and abilities needed to effectively provide this type of customer service. HDI Support Center Analyst (HDI-SCA) is a certification program designed to help IT professionals gain the knowledge and skills necessary to provide exceptional customer service in today’s fast-paced, technology-driven world.
On the non-technical side, IT support specialists are the first point of contact for end users when they have problems with technology. Job titles with similar responsibilities include IT specialist and technical support specialist. These IT pros are generally responsible for troubleshooting technical issues, maintaining operating systems and working with internal and external end users to ensure efficiency. And since every single type of business, organization or company today utilizes some form of technology, the need for technology specialists is huge. In the world of Information Technology, there are many help desk engineer that can be obtained. Many technology companies offer help desk certifications for their systems and applications.
Complete Beginner Course: Technical Support Overview (best free help desk training)
He is very knowledgeable in his field and brings his knowledge and experience to this course. There are no prerequisites as all the topics are covered in great detail and from scratch. In addition, the rest of your team is relying on you to do your job and do it well. A help desk rep has a big responsibility to handle from an internal and external perspective, and guaranteeing that you’ll do your best is a vital skill to possess for it.
- This certification verifies that front-line technical support professionals possess the knowledge and skills required to provide quality service and support.
- You can find many online resources such as practice tests and study guides that will help you prepare for the exams.
- If you’re considering parlaying a technical position like a help-desk job into a career in IT management, it’s essential to work on your organizational, project management and people skills.
- In order to become certified, candidates must register for the exam online through the HDI website.
- The cost of using GCP depends on what services you are using and how much of those services you are using.
The HDI-CSR certification takes approximately 8 weeks to complete from start to finish. After completing the assessment, you will receive a personalized learning plan outlining what courses you need to take and when they should be completed in order to prepare for the exam. Whether you’re just getting started or want to take the next step in the high-growth field of IT, professional certificates from Google can help you gain in-demand skills. You’ll learn about troubleshooting, customer support, system administration, Python and more.